9.2.09

ahh, completion.

she's complete. my quilt had been looking at me for two weeks asking me to just sew her together already. i'd been debating buying some narrower double fold bias tape for the binding but figured i'd never get it done if i waited to get to joann's. :) so, the last couple of days i have been putting the finishing touches on my quilt, and it turns out i really like it! the top started to appeal to much more after a good ironing and once i'd quilted and binded it.
and, can i confess that i have... fallen in love with... quilting? not just the whole process (which i also enjoy) but that actual part of machine quilting it all together. so weird and unexpected. i mean, i hear that a lot of people don't even bother -- just outsource it to have someone else quilt and bind. but as i was stitching this baby together on my husky, i was **loving** it. the piece finally became so substantial and seeing and feeling the soft cotton fabrics come together with batting, the whole thing started to remind me of the feel of a winter kimono. can't wait to snuggle up!
glad i pushed through with it despite the mid-project doldrums and am looking forward to putting together my next one for a friend's upcoming birthday...!

No comments:

Post a Comment